September 25, 2011 through May 20, 2012
10:30 AM – Worship Service – 11:45-12:15 PM – Food and Fellowship
12:15-1:15 PM – Sunday School
We invite you to join in our classes for ages 5 years through adults of all ages. Each is a wonderful opportunity to study God’s Word and enjoy fellowship, good discussion, and prayer. Snacks are provided so no one gets too hungry.
This year we have the Primary classes – 5 yrs. through 6th grades, Mentoring for 7th through 12th grades, and three Adult classes: College/Career, Ladies, and Mens.
See below for a brief overview of each.
Children meet in traditional classrooms with fun, dedicated teachers. This year we have two divisions: Younger Elementary (K-2nd grades) and Older Elementary (3rd-6th grades).
The goal of our children’s ministries is to assist parents in the training and nurture of their children by modeling and imparting respect for God’s infallible Word.
We want to familiarize the children with the rich stories and instruction that fills the Old and New Testaments.
Each year we try to provide opportunities for each child
- to come to salvation as the Holy Spirit leads
- to grow and mature in their faith and walk
- to experience true service
- to share Jesus Christ with family and friends
“…and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” I Timothy 3:15b
We offer Mentoring for 7th –12th grade young people.
How our Mentoring program works:
- Two or three students with similar spiritual backgrounds or other commonalities meet with an adult during the Sunday school hour (12:15-1:15 PM).
- Together they enjoy a study in the Word – basic doctrines, book and chapter studies, topical studies, all depending on the particular interests and needs of the young people involved.
- Prayer for each other is an important component, as is service unto the Lord. Each group looks for an opportunity for service in the church or community.
- Many Sundays the mentor will take his or her group out for a hot drink or snack at a local coffee shop or fast food place and study there.
- As a relationship of trust grows between the Mentor and students, our experience is that profound learning takes place. Jesus Himself used this method for teaching.
- Our mentors are prayerfully and carefully selected and trained. They undergo an extensive application process and have very specific guidelines. See Ministry With Minors Guidelines for more information.
- Visitors and guests are always welcome and with parental permission may hang with a Mentor group of their choice.
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” I Timothy 3:16-17
COLLEGE / CAREER
This active and dedicated group of young adults meet together often outside of class to enjoy music, food, and the outdoors. They typically are engaged in lively classes covering a variety of interesting topics and Scripture. Upon occasion, they will join the other adults in the Men’s and Ladies’ classes for special topic sessions.
Currently, the College and Career class is doing a weekly devotional built around the chapters of Francis Chan’s book, Crazy Love!
“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it and howfrom infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.” 1 Timothy 3:14
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
The ladies are currently enjoying a wonderful DVD study together – The Shelter of God’s Promises by Sheila Walsh. There is always time for sharing, prayer and personal encouragement in this class.
The men are involved in a rich, deep study of the book of Matthew.