Listen and Draw Ministry
An Activity for Children During the Worship Service.
To provide each child and young person an enjoyable opportunity to experience blessings from listening carefully to the Holy Spirit speak to them through Pastor’s sermon message.
How It Works:
1. On Sunday morning before Service, children can pick up from the Listen and Draw table:
– A coloring sheet on a clipboard
– Two felt pens
2. During the sermon the children will listen carefully to Pastor’s message in order to draw four pictures – one in each square – from the illustrations and stories shared by Pastor. Older children are free write them on the sheet as notes.
3. It is important that the children sit with their family during the sermon to allow them to ask their family questions and to help them stay focused on the task
4. At the conclusion of the service the children can then:
– Return the felt pens, clipboard, and their drawings to the table.
– Show the completed coloring sheet and briefly explain to the adult each picture’s significance in relation to what he/she heard from the sermon.
– Then receive a special prize or treat.
Each child is reminded that the real treat comes when they listen and hear what God wants to say to them through the sermon message.